NBA Betting: The Best Tips & Predictions
Basketball is among the most popular sports in the world, and a big favorite within our betting expert community, members of whom post basketball betting tips during all major basketball events. Betting on the NBA is a huge topic and on this page we explain it all from start to finish.
From reading online betting lines to understanding odds and where to place your bets, we make it as easy as possible for you to start betting on basketball the right way, right now.
There’s no shortage of basketball betting options during the NBA and other basketball schedules. Multiple matchups are on the board, allowing bettors to wager on their favorite teams as well as bet on the big games on TV each night.
Basketball betting is big business, and the demand for basketball betting tips is huge, and well covered by the expert tipsters from betting expert, whose basketball betting tips encompass popular markets such as Match Winner, Point Spread and Tournament Outrights, plus other basketball betting tips favorites like Total Points, Score line Odds/Even, 1st Quarter Winner, plus a broad range of handicap markets.
So you’ve been following the basketball closely and you’ve got a pretty good read on a couple of teams. As you look at each game you notice similarities in how things are listed. Here are the main points you need to pay attention to and become familiar with:
• The odds will be listed across two rows. One for the home team, one for the visiting team. The home team is almost always on the bottom.
• The categories (columns) listed at the top are the type of bet available to wager on. From left to right it is usually listed as Money line, Point Spread and Over/Under (Total).
• Within each column will be numbers. Some will have a plus (+) or a minus (-) written with it.
• A minus sign represents odds for a favorite.
• A plus sign represents odds for an underdog.
NBA betting attracts the most attention among basketball fans. It is by far the most famous league in the world and its stars are some of the best-paid athletes out there.
However, there is also a big following of the sport in almost every corner of the globe, and most countries have their own leagues of various standing. In Europe, the Euro League is the premier club competition, while the Americas League is considered the most important basketball club championship in South America. Asia has a long history of basketball, and the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) is widely considered the next best league in the world after the NBA. Below are some of the best tournaments and competitions worldwide for basketball betting:
• NBA: The NBA is the premier basketball league in the world. Originally founded in New York in 1946 as the Basketball Association of America (BAA), it adopted the name of National Basketball Association after merging with its competitor, the National Basketball League (NBL), in 1949. You can find a wealth of information in our NBA section.
• PBA: The next most popular league in the world is the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA). It’s the second-longest running basketball league after the NBA and was established in 1975, being also quite usual to place bets on the PBA. The history of the sport in the Philippines dates back much further than that after it was introduced (along with baseball) by American teachers through the YMCA and school system.
• Euro League: Also known as the Turkish Airline Euro League for sponsorship reasons, the Euro League was inaugurated in the year 2000. It is a European-wide professional basketball league for top-tier club sides throughout the continent. Real Madrid is the most successful side in the history of the competition, with nine titles to their name.
• Basketball Champions League: The BCL is an annual basketball club competition organized by the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) for club sides which excel in their national leagues. However, the tournament has been the source of controversy as FIBA and Euro League basketball wrestle for control of top-level European competitions.
• FIBA Basketball World Cup: The basketball World Cup is considered the pinnacle of international basketball, alongside the Olympics. It has been running, in one format or another, since 1950 and is the flagship event of FIBA. The most recent winner of the World Cup is the USA, which is also the most successful nation with five titles to its name. The tournament is held once every four years.
• EuroBasket: Also known as the European Basketball Championship, is held every two years for national sides in Europe. Slovenia won its first title in 2017, but historically, the competition was dominated by the former Soviet Union which won the crown 14 times.
Each betting predictions comes with an attached Euro League betting preview, where each tipster will explain the reasons behind the prediction they’re betting on. These detailed previews can also help you with your betting. As well as their Euro League betting previews, our staff also provide you with a number of Euro League stats, so you can see their thinking and make it easier for you to judge the validity of their predictions.
NBA action moves fast, and having the ability to compare live odds from multiple sportsbooks makes a huge difference. With the ability to see line movements in real time and compare the statistics and data, bettors can pounce at the right moment.